5 resources to learn Swift (iOS Development)
Another ‘list of 5’! Following up on my last post about learning Android Development, I’ll share five online courses where you can learn how to build your own iPhone app. In this post, I focus on Swift as a programming language for building apps.
- iOS development with Swift. In this course from Team Treehouse, you’ll learn the fundamentals of programming in Swift. You’ll learn about programming concepts like: variables, type,s collections and more. By the end you will have a good idea of how a basic Swift app works, and you will be equipped with the know-how to start building more apps on your own. The best part of this course: it doesn’t matter if you’ve never programmed before. Skill level: all levels.
- Start Developing iOS Apps (Swift). This is a course from Apple and it’s a great starting point for building apps that run on iPhone or iPad. It consists of a set of lessons that will help you with building your fist app, including the tools, concepts and best practices that will ease your path. At the end of the course, you’ll have your own FoodTracker app. Get started!
- The Complete iOS 9 Developer Course – Build 50 Swift Apps. You can find a lot of Swift tutorials on Udemy. I choose the one where you’ll learn how to build 50 different Swift Apps. You’ll learn by doing, cause that’s the best way to become a great Swift developer. It covers 24 hours of video material and you can watch the courses at any speed you want. Skill level: complete beginners.
- Learn Swift 2: The Basics. This course on Lynda.com will take you through the basics of Swift. You’ll learn about Xcode, Swift playgrounds, the Swift syntax, debugging, building your own app, interacting with Object-C and more. Every video has an exercise, if you complete all of the exercises, you’ll have your own complete working app with Swift at the end of the course.
- App Evolution with Swift. Code School offers a great course on Swift as well. You’ll learn how to make your first iOS app with Swift and about Xcode, storyboards, classes, objects, views and much more. App Evolution with Swift cuts to the essentials in an easy-to-understand way and this course is perfect for beginners.
If you have more suggestions, feel free to share them below :) And if you have any ideas or requests for another list of five, don’t hesitate to contact me!